Nitrate Testing Results in Private Well Water
and nitrite are nitrogen-oxygen molecules that can combine with many organic and inorganic compounds. Nitrate is the form commonly found in water, often in areas where nitrogen-based fertilizers are used. The greatest use of nitrate is as a fertilizer. The maximum contaminant level (MCL) for nitrate is 10 mg/L in drinking water.
Read more about Nitrate in Private Well Water and Health
- Nitrate Tests is the number of Nitrate tests conducted on .
- Elevated Nitrate Tests >= 10 mg/L is the number of Nitrate tests conducted on private water wells with a result greater than or equal to 10 milligrams per liter (mg/L).
- Percent Elevated Nitrate Tests is the percent of Nitrate tests conducted on private water wells that were elevated.
- The Average Nitrate Level is the average result of the Nitrate tests conducted on private water wells.
- The Maximum Nitrate Level is the highest result of the Nitrate tests conducted on private water wells.
Use the tabs to see the different data visualizations.