Adolescents: 13-15 Year-Old Immunization Data
Adolescent immunization data includes the percent of 13-15 year olds that received the recommended doses of , , , , and vaccines and the . Iowa immunization data and rates are available in interactive maps and tables by single antigen and the completed series. These data provide immunization rates based upon a standard vaccination series identified by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These data can be used to identify trends and patterns in immunization coverage over time and in different geographic areas.
The Iowa Immunization Program uses data from the Immunization Registry Information System (IRIS) to calculate county and state immunization rates for adolescents 13-15 years of age. This data includes patients served by both public and private health care providers with a record in IRIS that have a zip code and are an “active” patient within a health care provider organization. The Year selected in the visualization will include adolescents turning 13-15 years old in that year. For example, the 2019 results include adolescents born between 01/01/2004 - 12/31/2006.
- Number of Immunized Patients: The number of Iowa residents recorded in IRIS that have received a dose or completed a specific vaccine series.
- Patients in IRIS: The number of patient records in IRIS.
- County Adolescent Census Population: The Number of Adolescent in the County, based on Census estimates.
- Rate of Immunization by IRIS Population (Adolescents)S: The Number of Immunized Patients divided by the number of same-aged children and geographic area recorded in IRIS.
- Rate of Immunization by County Population: The Number of Immunized Patients divided by the County Adolescent Census Population.
- Census Population with IRIS Record: The percent of the Census population with patient record in IRIS, calculated as the number of patient records in IRIS divided by the county Census population. This measure demonstrates the completeness of IRIS data and representation of the county population in IRIS.
Use the tabs to see the different data visualizations.