Influenza Vaccine Data
Seasonal influenza vaccination data in Iowa is based on doses reported to the Iowa Immunization Registry Information System (IRIS) for Iowans. IRIS is a confidential, computerized, population-based system that tracks immunization for children, adolescents and adults who are seen at public and private healthcare provider sites throughout the state of Iowa. The data for the current influenza season is updated weekly and there may be a lag between the vaccine administration date and the date reported to IRIS. Seasonal influenza vaccination data are updated as more information is reported to IRIS.
- Persons Receiving Flu Vaccine: The number of Iowa residents recorded in IRIS as having received at least one dose of influenza vaccine during the specified flu season.
- Percent of Population Receiving Flu Vaccine: The number of Iowa residents recorded in IRIS as having received at least one dose of influenza vaccine divided by the Iowa population estimates or county population during the specified flu season.
- Influenza data related to percent of the population receiving flu vaccine uses the assumption a dose of vaccine equates a single person.
- Influenza data is updated weekly and is based upon doses of vaccine reported to IRIS.
- Influenza data for the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 seasons were updated to include only Iowa residents during the February 2020 release. County-level influenza data were unaffected by this change.
Use the tabs to see the different data visualizations.